The Kidizoom Action Camera by VTech (recipient of several awards in the past few years) is designed for kids between the age of 4 and 9. It has the ability to capture photos and videos and has some pretty neat features that make it one of the best gift ideas for kids looking to capture their crazy adventures. So what makes it so great? Keep reading!
Kidizoom Action Camera – Features
This camera comes with a number of attachments and accessories allowing kids to use it on their bikes, skateboards or even helmets. The camera also includes a waterproof case for kids to use in the rain or in the pool. Other features include a USB cable for easy transfer of photos and videos and other mounting options. It also has a color screen that allows the photographer to view their photos or videos before downloading them. If they don’t like them, just delete them and keep going. The buttons are easy to use and have icons that are kid friendly. In fact, a kid does not have to look at the instructions to figure out how to use the camera.
Some of the top features include:
- Extremely durable construction for the “accidentally-inclined” kids out there.
- It has three different types of mounts so kids can attach it to virtually anything.
- The waterproof case can go down as low as six feet of water. (Sorry, we didn’t think it was worth trying that out).
- Supports time lapse photos and stop motion videos.
- The Li-ion polymer battery can last up to 2 and a half hours.
- 32 GB microSD card.
- It has tether straps to help prevent drops and damage.
Kidizoom Action Camera – Pros
What makes it such a great choice? For one thing, it is extremely kid friendly and has all the necessary features for a kid to begin making their own videos. It is extremely durable and designed to withstand drops that we all know kids will put it through, one day or another. And, it was designed specifically for kids, with features such as:
- It has a rubberized exterior to handle the drop and kicks under the bed, plus it has a protective rubber border around the lens and camera.
- It comes with integrated games and activities.
- Fits perfectly in a kid’s hand.
- It can store up to 600 images, so they can just keep snapping pics until they get tired.
- Like most cameras, your kids can easily plug it into a computer or laptop and download all the stuff they captured.
Kidizoom Action Camera – Cons
There are always things to improve in any toy, gadget or games. In this case, here are a few suggestions/comments:
- The camera itself doesn’t really have a lot of room, so make sure you buy an extra MicroSD card to go with it. It does not come with one.
- It doesn’t take the greatest “action” pictures. Meaning, if the target is moving around, the picture will come out blurry. Your kids will have to learn that they can only take pictures of still objects or persons. (Or take a video if moving parts are involved).
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Are there better cameras out there for kids? Maybe, but you’ll pay a higher price. This one is very reasonably priced and in our opinion, it is a great gift for kids just getting into the world of photography and taking videos.
If you have time, please check out our other reviews:
Hydraulic Robotic Arm Review
Fashion Plates Deluxe Kit Review
VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX Review
Hasbro BB8 Android RC Review
Lego MindStorms EV3 Review
ALEX Toys Car Valet Review
Thames and Kosmos Remote Control Machines Review