If you want your kids to learn more about science, the best way to do it is by using a variety of fun games, activities and experiments. In this latest post, we are going to cover some cool science games for kids that will not only teach them valuable life skills as well as challenge their minds, but they will also have a blast doing it!
Five Cool Science Games For Kids
Totally Gross: The Game of Science
For kids who love learning about silly science concepts, playing fun challenges, and exploring all of the gross things that the world has to offer, this game is ideal. The game is one fit for parents and children alike, with gross out cards, question cards, and even a jar of slime. Topics covered in this game range from physics, zoology, anatomy, all the way to geology, astronomy, and biology.
- Play award-winning Totally Gross from University Games, the science game that makes learning fun
- Kids and parents will enjoy plenty of laughs answering silly science questions and acting out the Gross Out challenges
- Includes a game board, 140 Question cards, 50 Gross-Out cards, 30 Lab cards, 4 playing pieces, a die, and a jar of slime
Science Wiz – Chemistry Experiments Kit
Another great game is this fun experiment kit that has 29 different activities designed to enhance basic knowledge of chemistry. The book was written by a Ph.D. and contains floor instructions and materials to make learning fun. The kit has thirty five experiments in it which can be performed with the components in the kit. Children can learn how matter works by making candles. They can learn about pressure by playing with a pressure squirt bottle full of water. They can learn how flowers are dyed colors from the inside out, how eggs can be squeezed inside of bottles, and how to grow crystals.
- The Best Seller among the award winning ScienceWiz¿ kits.
- 29 Activities that will enhance your child's knowledge of Chemistry.
- 40 page, full color instruction book and materials
Scientific Explorer Magic Science Kit for Wizards Only
If your kid is a science wizard, then this is the kit for them. This science game lets children create hocus pocus powder, a magic wand and matching hat, a test tube crystal ball, and even some glow in the dark potion that bubbles, bubbles, toils, and troubles. Your little wizard in training will learn about their fellow wizards, their heritage, and how magical sciences actually work! What’s more, this game was created by UC Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science to teach children practical lessons in a hands-on fashion.
- For Wizards only
- Unique educational kit will teach you the science behind the magic
- Chemicals include citric acid, baking soda, vegetable oil, cross linked polyacrylate copolymer, red cabbage powder, color tablets and zinc sulfide
4M Kitchen Science Kit
Convert your kitchen into a scientific research laboratory with the 4M Kitchen Science Kit. Your kids can perform six different science experiments making use of general household ingredients found in your kitchen! They can create electrical energy making use of a lemon, launch a rocket with vinegar, record undetectable messages, as well as more. This kit is ideal for scientific research enthusiasts of any ages. Full instructions for each and every experiment are included with the kit. Recommended for ages 8 yrs or older. This was recently added to our list of top cool science games for kids because not only is it fun, you get a lot of bang for your buck especially considering that a lot of the ingredients are found at home.
- Perform six different science experiments using common kitchen ingredients.
- Generate electricity using a lemon, launch a rocket with vinegar, write invisible messages, and more.
- This kit is ideal for science enthusiasts of all ages.
National Geographic Kids Brain Games
This game is fun and interactive, one which has over five chapters of games, puzzles, fast facts, and challenges all of which are designed to explore the depths of your little ones’ minds. This interactive book functions as a companion to the hit show on the National Geographic Channel. Designed by a neuroscientist, it helps children to learn all manner of entertaining facts about the human mind. The book covers how the brain creates memories, how it handles emotions, makes decisions, directs regular body movements, and turns the five senses into thoughts. Every chapter has a handful of sections that offer simple explanations founded in science as to how the brain handles everyday items. The book is full of photos, pictures, infographics, and colors galore.
- PLAY fun games designed to MESS WITH YOUR MIND!
- EXPLORE the limits of the HUMAN BRAIN and how it works!
- DISCOVER fascinating facts and brainy news nuggets!
We hope you enjoyed our list of cool science games. If you have any questions, or if you have tried any of these before and would like to share your opinion (good or bad), we would love to hear from you. Just use the comment form below. For other types of educational toys, visit our Educational Learning Games section of our shop.